Associate/Sr. Associate (Geotechnical Engineering)
Posted on: October 18, 2019
Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm.
Our multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, physicians,
and regulatory consultants brings together more than 90 different
disciplines to solve complicated problems facing corporations,
insurers, government entities, associations and individuals. Our
approximately 1000 staff members work in 26 offices across the
United States and abroad. Exponent has over 800 consultants,
including more than 500 that have earned a doctorate in their
chosen field of specialization.
Exponent's Civil Engineering Practice is currently seeking
candidates for an ASSOCIATE/SR. ASSOCIATE (Geotechnical
Engineering) position in our Oakland, CA office. This position will
be responsible for the inspection, analysis, and evaluation of root
causes of failures of geotechnical systems (e.g., foundations,
retaining walls, excavation support systems, levees, dams, and
slopes), assisting with the peer reviews of geotechnical systems,
evaluation of construction claims, and preparing conceptual designs
for the repair/restoration of damaged geotechnical systems.
Exponent's Civil Engineering staff has experience with the
following types of geotechnical systems/failures:
* Foundation and retaining wall failures
* Excavation support systems
* Earthquake-induced ground failure
* Expansive and collapsible soils
Qualifications for this position include:
* Ph.D. in Civil Engineering specializing in Geotechnical
Engineering from an accredited university or M.S. plus 5 years'
* Degrees, experience or related coursework in Geology/Geological
Engineering, Groundwater/Surface Water Hydrology or Structural
Engineering a strong plus
* Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and potential to
develop successful client relations
* Attention to detail, dedication to quality and accuracy, desire
to work in a fast paced environment, and effective leadership
* Ability to work independently or support multiple group projects
and to interact with other engineers, administrative staff, and
* Ability to gather information from a wide variety of sources
(e.g., field investigations, document reviews, and interviews) and
to synthesize and convey technical conclusions to individuals in
engineering, business, and industry
* Knowledge of geotechnical modeling software, graphing software
and imaging software a strong plus
To learn more about life at Exponent, check out our Graduate
Students page at www.exponent.com/careers/grad-students!
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity,
Veterans and Disabled Employer.
* Back Share
Keywords: Exponent, Alameda , Associate/Sr. Associate (Geotechnical Engineering), Engineering , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!