VP, Business Analytics
Company: Chevron Federal Credit Union
Posted on: October 19, 2019
Chevron Federal Credit Union is one of the top-run credit unions in
the country- and one of the largest, with over $3 billion in
assets. Yet our corporate culture is not stuffy: the Team Spirit
Committee runs fun activities and charitable events throughout the
year, and work-life balance, mutual respect, diversity, and
providing a voice for every employee are all important to us. As
you might imagine, we provide competitive pay and great benefits,
- Bonus/incentives for all regular employees
- 401(k) with 8% company contribution
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and
dependents paid at 80%
- PTO and paid sabbaticals
- Tuition reimbursement
GENERAL SUMMARY:Manages the development of analytics and analytic
capabilities at the Credit Union.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Move the CU toward having deep and strategic insights. This
includes the areas of Operations, Marketing, Lending, and Branch
- Build the Business Analytics department into a highly skilled
and sought after source of information. This includes managing a
team of analysts as well as hiring and building new talent.
- Assist VP, Marketing and direct reports with determining
actionable marketing activities (cross-selling, promotional
targeting, new product development, product enhancement,
alternative strategy, etc.) based on analyses. This includes
applying the"target, test, and track" methodology for direct
marketing promotions which includes segmentation and ROI
- Lead the development of profit analysis at multiple levels,
discover issues driving change from period to period, and identify
causes for unprofitability and make recommendations for change.
Work with outside vendors where appropriate.
- Manage ad-hoc analysis requests from sources throughout the
Credit Union (CEO, Senior Management, Branches, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Technology,
Statistics, or Math and/or equivalent experience (MBA preferred),
plus five to ten years of related experience. .
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to think strategically, analytically, and
- Ability to manage a group of analysts, including coaching and
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects around corporate
- Ability to design analyses and translate results into
- Experience working with large datasets.
- Expert Excel skills a requirement.
- SQL programming skills a requirement.
- Previous experience with data warehouse, MCIF, CRM, and/or
- Knowledge of data mining/statistics (cluster analysis, decision
trees, regression, probability, Z-tests, etc.) and statistical
applications (SSAS Data Mining, SPSS, SAS, etc.) preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with dashboard software a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Work involves extensive use of computers, up to eight hours per
day. Related visual and dexterity ability is required.
We welcome all qualified applicants and pride ourselves on our
diversity. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of
Keywords: Chevron Federal Credit Union, Alameda , VP, Business Analytics, Executive , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!