IT Communications and Training Specialist
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Penumbra's IT team helps drive innovation by partnering with
business users to develop and implement applications that enhance
efficiency and effectiveness. The success of these efforts depends
heavily on effective training and change management to accelerate
user adoption. As IT Communications and Training Specialist, you
will be responsible for understanding the various applications'
processes and translating them into easily digestible media to be
used to train end users. You will interface closely with business
units, IT, Corporate Communications, and Corporate Training teams
to develop and deliver the training.
What You'll Achieve
- Design and develop training content related to IT applications
developed for the enterprise's various business units.
- Collaborate with a wide variety of staff, including software
engineers, technical and functional subject matter experts, and
business sponsors to develop and deliver the training content.
- Engage with end users in order to create content from their
perspective, often requiring translating technical jargon.
- Serve as central point of contact with Engineering/Development,
Legal, Corporate Communications and Corporate Training departments
to determine content.
- Apply your understanding of learning and training modalities to
create job aids, workflows, eLearning, and videos.
What You Bring
- A knack for marrying your understanding of technical concepts
with an appreciation of various learning styles and training
- A Bachelor's degree and at least three years experience
designing, developing, and delivering instructional materials.
- Experience applying best practices and techniques of change
management a must.
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication
- Demonstrated ability to translate technical content for
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and
- Effective analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint, Project, Word, and Visio
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
that requires quickly adapting to new technologies and shifting
What We Offer
- A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant
and performance is rewarded.
- The opportunity to be at the forefront of technology that is
revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most
- A generous benefits package that includes medical, dental,
vision, and life insurance; a 401(k) match; and an Employee Stock
Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a
global healthcare company focused on innovative therapies. Penumbra
designs, develops, manufactures and markets novel products and has
a broad portfolio that addresses challenging medical conditions in
markets with significant unmet need. Penumbra sells its products to
hospitals and healthcare providers primarily through its direct
sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada and
Australia, and through distributors in select international
markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected
If you reside in the State of California, please also refer to
Penumbra's Privacy Notice for California Residents.
Keywords: Penumbra, Alameda , IT Communications and Training Specialist, Other , Alameda, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!