Senior Analyst, Financial Reporting
Company: Ross Stores, Inc
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Senior Financial Reporting Analyst will be responsible for
SOX compliance and testing, SEC reporting, other internal and
external reporting, and ad-hoc analysis within the Finance
department of Ross Stores.
- Conduct SOX risk assessment and planning, design and operating
assessments, control testing, and reporting on internal
- Responsible for Quarterly board variance analyses and
- Responsible for Quarterly and annual external financial
reports, including those filed with the SEC.
- Complete census survey(s).
- External audit coordination including workpaper
- Research, document, and resolve accounting matters.
- Proof and validate internal and external press releases, board
and audit committee materials, sales releases, earnings releases,
proxy filings, and other filings with the SEC.
- Work with Accounting and others to update Ross' Accounting
Policies and Procedures manual.
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Detail Oriented
- Business Acumen
- Results Driven
- Planning and Organization
- Technical SEC and SOX expertise
- Strong Communication Skills
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree required (preferably in
- CPA or CPA candidate a plus.
- 3-5 years post college experience (within a Big 4 accounting
firm, retail company, or within a financial reporting group).
- Solid knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC regulations.
- Strong understanding of SOX and internal controls.
- A detail oriented approach - must pay close attention to the
details and have the drive to get things right.
- Strong Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills, and Visio. Workiva and
Peoplesoft Financial Systems experience is a plus.
- Ability to cope with pressure and changing priorities.
- Trustworthy with confidential financial information.
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily
on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the
telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and
responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be
a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and
responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider
individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills,
abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part
of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a
strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to
complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based
on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry,
physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes
pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related
to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status,
military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status,
medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics),
genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Ross Stores, Inc, Alameda , Senior Analyst, Financial Reporting, Other , Alameda, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!