Position Title: Pension Processor, Sr.
FLSA: Non-exempt Hours: 40
Reports to: Manager, Pension
Union: 853/Alameda, CA Grade:
Date Opened: 04/07/2021
Performs technical and administrative duties associated with the
processing and verification of participants' retirement benefit
inquiries and applications applying the rules and regulations
associated with the applicable plans. Researches issues and
communicates with participants, beneficiaries, union
representatives, other ZAS departments, and financial institutions.
Assists with special projects.
"Has minimum necessary access to Protected Health Information
(PHI) and Personally Identifiable Information (PII) by Job
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Process retirement benefit applications, verifying the accuracy
of information and researching/investigating past service, related
credits and insurance deductions.
- Respond to inquiries from participants, beneficiaries, and
union representatives regarding pension benefits.
- Determine benefit eligibility and request necessary
documentation from unions, employers and the Social Security
Administration to expedite processing.
- Initiate and prepare correspondence to participants,
beneficiaries, employers and others regarding general account
information, pension history, monthly retirement benefits,
- Perform data entry and data correction tasks to update and
correct member information.
- Update pension data in Pension information systems.
- Assist with special projects as requested by management.
- Consistently meet established performance standards.
- Consistently demonstrate excellent attendance and
- Perform other related duties and special projects as
- Working Conditions/Physical Effort
- Normal degree of physical effort in typical office environment
with comfortable, constant temperatures and absence of
- May be subject to interruptions.
- May be required to lift a maximum of 25 lbs.
- Must be able to have flexible work schedule when workflow
- Must meet established attendance and punctuality
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred.
- Minimum one year of general office experience. Prior pension
plan administration experience preferred.
- Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality.
- Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both
verbally and in writing.
- Solid organization skills with strong detail orientation and
- Strong decision making, research and analytical abilities.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
materials, technical procedures, benefit plans and
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to type 35 WPM; proficient PC skills, including MS Word
- Able to maintain excellent attendance and punctuality.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover
or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and
other applicable federal and state law, it is the policy of Zenith
American Solutions to provide reasonable accommodation when
requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability,
unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy
regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all
aspects of employment, including the application process. If
reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact the Recruiting
Department at , and we would be happy to assist you.
ZAS's Mission, Vision & Values
As a member of the ZAS team, each employee agrees to embrace and
live out the mission, vision and core values of ZAS. The values we
live and work by are:
- We focus on relationships
- We take risks thoughtfully
- Ethical behavior
- Performance and accountability
- We strive to win, but not at all costs
Zenith American Solutions, Inc.
Real People. Real Solutions. National Reach. Local
Zenith American Solutions, Inc. is the largest independent Third
Party Administrator in the United States and currently operates
over 44 offices nationwide. The original entity of Zenith American
has been in business since 1944.
We believe the best way to realize our better systems for better
service philosophy is to hire the best employees. We look for
talented individuals who share our dedication to high-quality work,
exceptional service and mutual respect. If you're interested in
working in an environment where people - employees and clients -
really matter, consider bringing your talents to Zenith
Internals to Apply:
If you meet the minimum qualifications and are interested in
applying for this position, please submit an application. All
applications must be received by 5:00 pm on the Internal Posting
Deadline in order to be considered prior to external
* Zenith American Solutions is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Zenith does not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, color, sex, physical or mental disability, gender
identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, pregnancy,
status as a parent, veteran status or any other basis covered by
appropriate law. All employment decisions on the basis of
qualifications, merit, and business need.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro