Posted on: June 6, 2021
As a Quality Supervisor at Penumbra, you will combine your
natural ability to lead teams and develop top performers with your
quality systems knowledge, thus ensuring that our life-saving
products adhere to the highest standards of safety and quality.
What You'll Work On
- Participate in the selection, training, scheduling, and
evaluation of a team of in-process (IPQC) or incoming quality
control (IQC) inspectors.
- Maintain company quality standards.
- Oversee the product manufacturing process to ensure
- Coordinate training activities to ensure compliance with
regulatory requirements and ensure cross-training and flexibility
across the Quality Inspection group.
- Provide ongoing feedback and mentoring of Quality Inspectors,
including writing and delivery of annual performance
- Determine training and professional growth plans for Quality
- Support investigations associated with non-conformances.
- Work with engineers to determine appropriate support activities
for non-conforming goods and new products.
- Interface with the FDA, state agencies, and notified bodies
during certification, surveillance and routine ISO audits.
- Participate in cross-functional Quality Objective teams.
What You Bring
- A desire to work and learn in a dynamic, fast-paced
- A Bachelor's degree and 3-5+ years of supervisory experience in
Quality Assurance, Quality Control, biotechnology, document
control, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- A passion for leading teams, solving problems, and thinking
- Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point strongly
- Highly desired is an understanding of FDA QSRs, ISO standards,
and the MDD. ASQ certifications for CQIA, CQA, or equivalent.
What We Offer
- A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant
and performance is rewarded.
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally with engineering,
manufacturing, and other departments.
- The satisfaction of being at the forefront of technology that
is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most
- A generous benefits package that includes medical, dental,
vision, and life insurance; a 401(k) match; and an Employee Stock
Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a
global healthcare company focused on innovative therapies. Penumbra
designs, develops, manufactures and markets novel products and has
a broad portfolio that addresses challenging medical conditions in
markets with significant unmet need. Penumbra sells its products to
hospitals and healthcare providers primarily through its direct
sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada and
Australia, and through distributors in select international
markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected
If you reside in the State of California, please also refer to
Penumbra's Privacy Notice for California Residents.
Keywords: Penumbra, Alameda , Quality Supervisor, Other , Alameda, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!