Senior Director, Real Estate
Company: Ross Stores, Inc
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Direct the analysis, selection, negotiation, administration and
coordination of Ross' new store Real Estate program, and/or the
relocation, replacement, expansion and surplus store programs.
- Negotiate the business points for sites approved by the company
as well as lease renewals, store expansions, modifications and
surplus store space available for sublease. Train Real Estate
Manager and Staff in their negotiation skills.
- Travel to required market areas to visually inspect and
evaluate proposed sites, existing stores and competitors within the
- Find, evaluate and investigate multi market store site
locations (availability, property value, access, zoning,
development obstacles, timing, etc.)
- Direct the coordination of all legal documents needed to lease
or sublease the properties within the assigned geographic
- Direct staff, outside Brokers, District Managers and Real
Estate Vice President to analyze and define existing and targeted
- Direct Real Estate analyst in securing information required for
new store site submittal packets and proofing thereof for the Real
- Direct staff in research and evaluation of pertinent data
related to trade areas and specific sites (i.e. population,
incomes, white-collar percentages, visibility, competition,
co-tenancy, population growth trends and sales potential).
- Prepare presentations to Real Estate Regional Vice President
and Vice President with recommendations: signed deal letters,
potential store site, renewal options, store expansions, landlord
disputes and other matters affecting existing or proposed
- Direct all negotiations with brokers, developers, attorneys,
property owners and landlords. Negotiate the best overall deal,
including the most favorable position/presence within the center
for each site consistent with the company's goals and
- Keep the Store Planning and Construction Department informed to
ensure the smooth flow of communication and plans between Landlord
and Ross for each project.
- Supervise and develop staff.
SUMMARY OF OTHER JOB DUTIES:
- Participate in International Council of Shopping Centers and
other Real Estate seminars or forums that are geared towards
Commercial Retail Real Estate.
- Assist the Regional Vice President and Vice President of Real
Estate on a continual basis, and when requested, act in the Vice
President's behalf during their absence.
- Participate/assist in preparation and review of 5 year
development plan for geographical area of responsibility on an
annual basis and be able to present territory to executive
- Quality of Work
- Use of Influence
- Planning and Organizing
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 10 - 12 years' experience in Real Estate related functions with
at least eight years in Retail Real Estate.
- Must have excellent organizational, analytical, written and
- Must have excellent supervisory skills to ensure work gets done
effectively and timely.
- College degree preferred.
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily
on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the
telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or
Real Estate Director
Real Estate Sr. Manager
Real Estate Manager
Real Estate Coordinator
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and
responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be
a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and
responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider
individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills,
abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part
of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a
strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to
complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based
on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry,
physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes
pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related
to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status,
military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status,
medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics),
genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Ross Stores, Inc, Alameda , Senior Director, Real Estate, Other , Alameda, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!