Production Supervisor - PM Shift
Company: Peet's Coffee & Tea
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Who We Are
The Production Supervisor oversees the tactical execution of
coffee production processes as well as works closely with roasting,
quality assurance, maintenance, and fulfillment departments to
ensure safe and efficient production requirements are being met
while maintaining strict product quality guidelines and
expectations. This position requires demonstrated leadership, good
judgment, and administer good sound decisions as well as the
ability to develop, coach, train, and foster teamwork in a fast
pace environment. Additionally, this position ensures improving
bottom line results through department-wide measurements that
demonstrate continuous improvement in efficiencies and cost
savings. This is a full time, non-exempt position and requires
schedule flexibility to support a variety of shifts.
What You Will Do
- Oversee production flow from roast to package and leads a staff
of machine operators, production associates and material handlers
in varying levels of experience and education.
- Accomplishes manufacturing results by communicating job
expectations and plans.
- Monitors production expectations and provides appropriate
coaching for job results.
- Utilize interpersonal skills necessary to effectively lead and
involve team members and ensure individual and team levels of
performance exceeding goals and expectations.
- Assists in maintaining work flow by monitoring steps of the
process, setting processing variables, and observing control points
- Communicate flow of production as well as any equipment,
quality, safety or productivity issues to the Production
- Assists in the completion of production plans by scheduling and
assigning personnel, accomplishing work results, establishing
priorities, monitoring progress, revising schedules, resolving
problems, and reporting results thru shift production
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing
operating practices, record keeping systems, forms of control, and
- Effectively motivate, train, and communicate with assigned team
to assure superior levels of safety, reliability, cleanliness, and
- Demonstrate ownership of the production facility by ensuring
cleanliness, organization and attractiveness of the production
- Effectively takes part in our employee safety committee,
follows safety guidelines and ensures that safety concerns are
being communicated down and upstream.
- Comply with, enforce, and educate team members on food safety,
GMP and AIB requirements.
- Effectively coach, support, counsel, discipline, and develop
direct reports to ensure the strategic intent and executions of
strategies are realized.
- Complete other tasks (i.e. Kronos) or projects assigned by the
Who You Are
- 5 plus years of supervisory experience in an industrial
environment or warehouse pick/pack operation, or 3-5 years of
experience in Peet's Roasting Plant with a history of consistently
good performance at Peet's exceeding job expectations and acting as
a role model for other employees.
- Knowledgeable in continuous improvement and quality
methodologies (i.e. lean, six-sigma); green or black belt certified
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and
- Familiarity with packaging equipment along with good technical
skills and the ability to demonstrate problem solving skills.
- Must be quality minded, self-motivated, analytical and results
- Ability to prioritize, plan, multi-function and manage time
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, production management
tools, ERP and reporting systems.
- BA/BS preferred
Keywords: Peet's Coffee & Tea, Alameda , Production Supervisor - PM Shift, Other , Alameda, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!