Sr. Manager Cloud and Infrastructure Teams
Company: Cost Plus World Market
Posted on: July 11, 2021
Who We Are
For over 60 years we have shared stories from across the globe
that remind you of a time you cherish, a place you love and people
who make you feel at home. We have inspired the home decorator,
entertainer and gifter with our unique assortment of products
sourced and designed around the world and we continue to be
inspired by you. You, your authenticity, impact and distinction
drive our success and inspires us to be inclusive, collaborative,
open minded, adaptable, honest and respectful.
What You’ll Do
World Market is looking for a Senior Manager to lead our Cloud
and Infrastructure Services team. In this role you will
report to the Sr. Director of Infrastructure and DevOps and lead a
team of Engineers responsible for designing and implementing
critical end user, compute and storage, and service intelligence
services for our Information Technology Organization. You
will possess excellent communication skills, be detail oriented,
and have a knack for getting things done right the first time.
- Oversee all aspects of the Cloud and Infrastructure Services
- Data Center, Platform and Cloud Engineering and Operations
- Managed cloud based remote desktop services
- Voice and Data Network Engineering and Operations
- DevOps and DBA Services
- Provide oversight and direction to the teams in accordance with
the organization's policies and procedures.
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new
employee onboarding and providing career development planning and
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and
goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and
- Monitor the quality of deliverables and staff
- Contribute to the development of roadmaps and strategic
- Implements process & procedure for initiating, delivering and
tracking infrastructure initiatives.
- Develops the IT Infrastructure strategic roadmap to support
Enterprise Operations objectives.
- Directs the team’s work prioritization & capacity
- Identifies operational efficiencies to assist in cost
- Manages engineering staff in the disciplines of Compute,
Storage, Voice and Data Network and Managed Desktop
- In collaboration with the Dev/Ops and release management teams,
automate and optimize the process to deploy solutions from code
commit to production.
What You’ll Bring
- Previous experience managing a team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent. Graduate
degree and/or business school degree a strong plus
- Minimum 5- 7 years of in-depth and hands on technical
- 1 -3 years of experience managing team members in a complex and
fast-moving Technology organization
- Consumer goods/retail experience a plus
- ITIL v 4 certification preferred
Why We Love It
- Work life balance is a priority (work from home
- Up to 30% employee discount and product sample sales!
- A fun and supportive work environment where you feel welcome
- A culture of inclusion that empowers you to be your best
- Opportunities to make an impact through your passions.
- Wellness Program including virtual fitness classes, personal
health advocates, coaches, gym discounts and more.
- Accrued Vacation, Sick Time and Personal Holidays.
- Eligible employees offered Medical and Dental Insurance, Vision
Coverage, 401(k) Savings Plan, Commuter Benefits, Employee
Assistance and more.
Keywords: Cost Plus World Market, Alameda , Sr. Manager Cloud and Infrastructure Teams, Other , Alameda, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!