Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: November 11, 2021
Workplace Safety Program
- The main goal is to always ensure safe working environment and
prevent any injuries and accidents in the workplace through
collaboration and partnership with all employees at all levels
- Ensure the workplace safety program (policies & SOPs) are
available to support a culture of safety in compliance with OSHA
regulations are executed and improved upon everyday
- Evaluate effectiveness of workplace safety program, providing
improvement opportunities and updates in policies, procedures, and
training programs in conjunction with changes in operations.
- Develop a strong collaborative partnership with HR and Legal
teams and support when appropriate.
- Conduct job hazard analyses and enforce preventative/corrective
action where HSE hazards exist.
- Partner with managers of people to ensure compliance with
workplace safety program and identify continuous improvement
- Partner with operations training specialists to develop, update
and deliver safety training programs
- Manage and participate in a safety inspection program including
influencing follow-up and enforcement on corrective actions
Compliance and Reporting
- Develop and maintain safety key performance indicators and
metrics for weekly and monthly reporting, in collaboration with
- Support the Business owners in any incidents pertaining to OSHA
inspections and provide an effective administrative role with
Business owners, legal and human resources teams when responding to
OSHA complaints or citations.
- Partner with Quality Assurance teams to provide documentation
for compliance audits
- Partner with Operations, Legal and Human Resource teams to
support an effective (return-to-work) program.
- In conjunction with training manager and departmental
management maintain HSE records including maintenance of training
and compliance documentation and other records.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Perform incident and near-miss investigations and enforce all
corrective actions are implemented
- Lead and support safety committees and emergency response teams
in Manufacturing and Distribution facilities
Who You Are
- 3-5+ years previous experience as a Safety Coordinator or
- Demonstrated some experience in occupational safety methods,
standards and practices including OSHA and EPA standards
- Working knowledge of a safety management information
- Demonstrated experience in implementing policies, standard
operating procedures through developed partnerships and influencing
- Proficient in MS and the creation and maintenance of management
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Change agent while demonstrating team player behaviors
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- BSc/BA in safety management or relevant field is preferred
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Alameda , Safety Coordinator, Other , Alameda, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!