RN Supervisor (Registered Nurse) - Alameda
Company: Alameda Healthcare & Wellness Center
Posted on: November 11, 2021
A licensed professional nurse directly under the supervision of
the Director of Nursing Services. The RN Supervisor is to assist
the planning, organizing, developing and directing of nursing
service to assure that the highest degree of quality resident care
can be maintained at all times.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
• Current nursing licensure in the state in which practicing.
• At least one year of experience in supervision.
• Strong qualities of leadership, communication and organizational
• Ability to communicate effectively in English through both speech
• Possess mental, emotional and physical health.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: GENERAL
• Assure that residents have a clean, safe, orderly and comfortable
• Initiate resident Plans of Care on admission.
• Assist in implementing recommendations from consultants and the
Quality Assurance team as directed
by the Director of Nursing Services.
• Assist in developing, reviewing, revising an updating resident
Plans of Care for individual residents.
• Ensure that notification is given to the resident’s
attending/alternate physician, as well as the resident’s
legal guardian/representative, when the resident becomes critically
ill, injured, etc., or has a significant
change in condition as outlined within our established
• Review complaints and grievances form families and notify the
Director of Nursing Services as
• Evaluate emergencies and assist in implementing emergency
• Assure that the unit area is maintained in a clean and safe
manner for resident comfort and convenience,
by ensuring that necessary equipment and supplies are maintained to
perform nursing care.
• Assist in notification of physician of any resident
incidents/unusual occurrences. Ensure that the
Accident/Incident Report forms are filled out and completed on all
such occurrences and such information charted in the resident’s
medical record as outlined in our established policies and
• Assist the Charge Nurse on investigation of alleged abuse or
unusual occurrence as outlined within our established policies and
• Start and monitor intravenous medication as ordered.
• Assist the Charge Nurse and other nursing personnel in performing
nursing procedures as necessary.
• Assist the Charge Nurse in admitting, transferring and
• Assist in correcting findings and deficiencies from the
Department of Health Services, Consultants, and
the Quality Assurance Team. RN SUPERVISOR – Cont’d.
Job Descriptions Manual
• Assist in completing restraint assessments, pain assessments,
oral assessments, psychotropic assessments, bowel and bladder
assessments and I & O weekly evaluations.
• Assure that all nurse’s notes are charted in an informative and
descriptive manner that reflects the are provided as well as the
resident’s response to the care.
• Attend and participate in staff meetings and in-service
• Others as may become necessary and appropriate or as may be
directed by the Director of Nursing
Services or Administrator.
• Make resident rounds to ensure appropriate care is being
rendered, identifying and making corrections as necessary.
• Meet with nursing personnel to assist in identifying and
correcting problem areas and/or the improvement of resident
• Assist in making rounds with the attending physician as
• Assist the Charge Nurse in revision and distribution of
assignments in case of nursing shortage.
• Assist in the supervision and direction of nursing personnel.
• Participate in disciplinary action and evaluation of nursing
• Presents professional image to consumers through dress, behavior
• Adheres to Company standards for resolving consumer concerns.
• Ensures that all resident rights are protected.
Keywords: Alameda Healthcare & Wellness Center, Alameda , RN Supervisor (Registered Nurse) - Alameda, Other , Alameda, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!